report from Matthew Behrens of the Campaign to Stop Secret Trials in Canada, firstname.lastname@example.org
“The Bisotti report has been shown to be based on some questionable methods and on an analysis that seems very problematic. The use of two completely separate signatures, i.e. Hassan Diab’s and an illegible fictitious signature, as a means of doing handwriting comparison analysis seems illogical…I found the French expert report convoluted, very confusing, with conclusions that are suspect. Despite this view, I cannot say that it is evidence that should be completely rejected as “manifestly unreliable”.
1. Write to the Minister of Justice, Robert Nicholson, and urge him to stop Dr. Diab's extradition. Email: email@example.com
2. Help ease the huge financial burden carried by Hassan and Rania. We are seeking 100 individuals who can pledge $20 or more a month for the rest of the year to help pay the cost of the GPS monitoring. If you are willing to be a proud supporter of Hassan's right not to be subject to detention if he cannot afford the cost of state surveillance, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org OR visit http://www.justiceforhassandiab.org/donate
3. Sign the statement "A Shock to Our Conscience and an Affront to Liberty" (located at http://stopextradition.diabpetition.org/
To sign, simply send an email to email@example.com letting us know that you wish to sign
4. Help organize an event in your community about Hassan's case and the extradition law.
5. Post details about the injustices in Hassan's case on your facebook or myspace
6. Write to newspapers and to journalists about Hassan's case and the unfairness of Canada's extradition law